- Decide on the 10 most important things that must be accomplished by your company this year in priority order. Most important is number 1 and least 10.
- Make them easy to understand, real, attainable, and measurable. The real deal!
- Skip all the Acronyms. Skip all the fluff.
- Throw away 3 through 10 – only 1 through 3 are the most important, aren’t they”?
- Print these Top 3 Company Goals
- Post them conspicuously
- Communicate them
- Have up-tempo meeting(s) with all floor personnel so they know and understand these goals
- Make sure they understand why they are cirtical for the organization to attain.
- Make sure they understand the employees are critical for the company to attain these goals.
- Promote the heck out of these 3 goals
- Make sure every employee knows these cold and talk them up during conversations with employees and top management, supervisors, etc.
- Ask for their help, input and suggestions
- Offer a prize for the best suggestion of the month or quarter – Make sure they know there is something in it for them.
- Offer a prize for the employee on the floor showing the best results and efforts to helping the company attaining these company goals.
- Make a large showing when you give these awards.
- Show your appreciation, even small gestures create big rewards.
- Make sure employees understand the big picture.
- Communication is key. If it’s not “ready, aim, fire” down the line from the senior management to the employees, then everyone is not uniformly moving towards the same goals.
- You have to be human. If you’re too important for your poeple, how will your people work for you?Why? Most of the companies we visit suffer from these symptoms.1) Most of the employees have different, and sometimes conflicting, goals than management.2) Most of the employees have never been made aware of the important goals of the company.
Most of the companies’ employees and management need to become better Aligned.
Initiative 1 is as easy as that. And it works.
In the meantime…. you have probably discovered if you have employees you’ll most likely have dysfunction. If you want answers to make your company:
EBITDA INITIATIVES USING THE HUMAN ELEMENT
- More Productive
- Safer with less risk
- Reduce Overheads
- Increase Employee Benefits offerings while Saving Money
- Leverage Time
- Consolidate vendors and commissions and more…
- Call us!