Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the development and maintenance of equitable and effective Human Resources policies and systems that create an environment in which all personnel can be productive and meet the strategic goals of OEM America. This position provides comprehensive HR support and partnership to a customer group. Consults with managers on employee relations issues/EEO/AA compliance, recommend and assists in developing/interpreting and applying HR policies. Consults and participates in various performance, progressive discipline and termination activities as needed. Works closely with other members of the HR team to help manage areas such as LOA/ADA, Worker’s Comp, Benefits, Payroll and Unemployment.
- Counsels at all levels of management and associates regarding performance issues. Recommends courses of action conforming to HR policies in compliance with all Federal, State and local laws and regulations.
- Coaches managers in performance management processes, including goal setting, organizational structure, teamwork effectiveness, addressing performance issues, managing and communicating expectations to supervision as well as employees.
- Investigates associate complaints regarding HR policies and practices and allegations violating policies. Recommends appropriate courses of action to management.
- Handles outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Assist in the development and delivery of training programs.
- Partners with management, and identifies and recommends cost-effective solutions to staffing needs.
- Promotes a positive associate relations work environment in partnership with client managers and ensures open and timely supervisor/associate communications and interventions.
- Assists in designing and implementing HR policies/guidelines and programs and communicates changes to managers. Provides policy interpretation and conflict resolutions with relevant employment laws.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- PHR or SPHR certification highly desired.
- 3-5 years’ diverse experience at the HR professional level covering a broad range of HR disciplines
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification, or being a qualified disabled veteran or qualified veteran of the Vietnam era or any other category protected by Federal or State law
"*" indicates required fields